Advanced Manufacturing Skills For Workplace Success!
DC Jaeger is proud to offer Amatrol's Advanced Manufacturing training systems designed to help train your students to have the highest skill levels in manufacturing.
Advanced manufacturing skills provide opportunities for students to have high-paying, satisfying careers in the manufacturing industry. Amatrol's program provides hands-on skills along with a strong curriculum to help students obtain the advanced technical skills they need to excel in technical support roles.
Amatrol's Advanced Manufacturing program brings industrial realism to the classroom so your students will learn the relevant skills they need for today's job market.
This advanced program offers multiple levels of study, starting with the basics and rapidly building into more sophisticated technology applications.
Introducing Skill Boss From Amatrol and MSSC
"Skill Boss" is a computer-controlled machine that performs a wide variety of functions aligned with over 55 hands-on skills that are part of the Manufacturing Skill Standards Council's (MSSC) national Production Standards certification program.
The Skill Boss system, developed by Amatrol, is used by MSSC as part of its Certified Production Technician (CPT) & CPT+ certification program. It enhances the CPT training and certification by providing hands-on training and assessment.
MSSC’s CPT+ program provides proof of an individual’s ability to perform a wide range of hands-on technical skills in electronic, electrical, fluid power, & mechanical systems.
View the video below to see Skill Boss at work.
Skill Boss Evaluates over 60 Essential Manufacturing Skills Including:
- Perform pre-startup inspection
- Demonstrate lockout/
- Confirm safety interlocks on guard are functional
- Confirm zero energy state of all power sources
- Locate and interpret safety data sheet(s)
- Perform measurements using tape measure, caliper, micrometer, & dial indicator
- Compare measurements to GDT specifications on a print
- Measure & verify shaft runout falls within the specified tolerance
- Locate parts & fasteners for assembly operation using a blueprint
- Assemble parts using Allen wrenches, wrenches, & screwdrivers
- Use the torque wrench to properly tighten a fastener
- Navigate menus on an HMI
- Manually operate cylinders
- Perform an emergency shutdown
- Reset Alarm and restart the machine
- Measure cycle time
- Adjust pneumatic lubricator’s
- Adjust pressure regulator’s setting
- Adjust actuator speed using flow control valves
- Install a pillow block bearing and shaft
- Install a flexible coupling and shaft
- Align and tension a belt drive
- Lubricate a bearing using a grease gun
- Drain an air filter
- Connect pneumatic circuit using a schematic
- Adjust various sensors